Sunday, May 15, 2011

Brody's New Bedroom

This past week, Brody made the switch to his new bedroom in preparation for the arrival of Chase. I am usually the one that handles Brody's bedtime routine, so I decided to try to make the switch on Tuesday night when Laura was out with her friends; however, it didn't go as I had imagined. Brody immediately said "No Thomas bed" and jumped out of the bed, followed me out the door, ran to the other side of the apartment and jumped in our bed. I realized that maybe I shouldn't do this on my own and put him in the crib.

Two nights later (May 12th), Laura worked her magic and was stern while telling him he is to stay in his room until the morning. Then she told him he could watch Thomas and Friends on TV in the morning if all went well. He stayed in his room all night and was very proud of himself in the morning. It has been a smooth transition ever since without any hiccups. He has even done well with his naps in his new bed.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...